March 3, 2012
Little bit late I know, but how many people give up the ingredients in pancakes these days? Mostly its things like chocolate or whatever it is you have been trying to cut down on since you made your new years resolution but have failed miserably.
Basic Pancake batter
4oz plain flour
10 fl oz milk
Pinch of salt
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
3. Then begin whisking the eggs -incorporating any bits of flour from around the edge of the bowl as you do so.
4. Next gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking (don’t worry about any lumps as they will eventually disappear as you whisk).
5. Melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a pan. Spoon 2 tbsp of it into the batter and whisk it in, then pour the rest into a bowl and use it to lubricate the pan, using a wodge of kitchen paper to smear it round before you make each pancake.
So these are some of the pancakes I made to celebrate me not giving up anything for Lent.
Bacon, mushroom, tomato and cheese pancake, finished off with 5 minutes under the grill to melt the cheese.
Fresh blueberries, sugar and sour cream, yum yum yum!
September 26, 2011
When you think of muffins what do you think? Do you imagine Double chocolate muffins? Or a breakfast muffin with scrambled egg? I doubt your first thought would be a cheese, courgette and tomato muffin. At least I know mine isn’t!
read more »
May 24, 2011
Two foods that I love most in this world- chocolate and cheese. So imagine my delight when whilst shopping I came across Wensleydale with dark chocolate chunks.
To some this may sound disgusting- to me this is heaven. I instantly bought some and was not disappointed. The combination is delicious!
May 12, 2011
This recipe is basically the same as the cinnamon and raisin scones that I posted last month, except using cheese and tomatoes it gives it such a differnet flavour. I think I actually prefer savoury scones to the sweet ones- apart from if the sweet ones have dolops of clotted cream on them!
read more »