I find that my cookies don’t seem to come out of the oven the same shape that they went in- they often seem to merge into each other and look a little bit like squares- but if you cut them into slices no-one would ever know and they actually look quite reasonable. As often is the case with my food it tasted a lot better than it looks, and as always with cookies tasted best when fresh out of the oven.
350g/ 12 1/4oz Flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
225g/ 8oz butter
175g/ 6 1/4oz caster sugar
175g/ 6 1/4oz soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g/ 12 1/4oz dark chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F/ Gas Mark 5
2. Combine together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. In another bowl mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs.
4. Gradually mix in the flour mix and then stir in the chocolate chunks and almonds.
5. Once mixed roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes